I hate this place. Why? All those flippin' questions they ask just to buy a 6 dollar book. Yesterday, I bought Alice in Wonderland. Never read the book and thought, what the hey, something different. Price was 6 bucks. Here is the list of questions from the cashier:
- How are you today?
- Did you find everything OK?
- Do you have a membership?
- Would you like a membership? You will save 10% on this purchase
- The holidays are coming soon are you sure you do not want to become a member?
- Would you like to buy a Gift Card today?
- If you buy a gift card along with a membership you can get additional savings. Are you sure?
- Would you like to give me your email address so we can send you valuable coupons?
- Are you sure? The savings can be substantial
- Would you like a receipt?
- Just to let you know, you can come back with your receipt within 30 days if you change your mind about the membership. Are you sure you don't want a receipt?
- Would you like a bag?
The best part was after all this was done, she sighs and says "People just don't get the fact that this membership lasts for the whole year". Wow, did I ever blow it.
Mental note: Plan Book reading list better so I don't have to go to Barnes and Nobel again. Order through Amazon.