Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What did we ever do to you?

For years. we have this bird, a chickadee is my guess that always lands on our car and pecks the crap out of our mirrors. It is the same bird and it leaves its own crap and has marked up both of our car mirrors. What have we ever done to this bird? We are a bird friendly family. In fact, last count, we have at least 7 active nests in our front bushes and under our decks. I cleared out the abandoned ones but they soon come back. The bird in question lives in our front bushes and we have never messed with her nest.

The picture I took here was me in the truck. I pulled in. Turned off the car and about 2 seconds later, she shows up and start pecking. The fear of man is almost non-existent when it comes to the instinctual need to peck mirrors.



1 comment:

daytona bob said...

One 12 gauge shotgun blast to the head of this bird will take care of the perp.