Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Entering the Land of Blogs....

A bold step I needed to make. The calling for me to publish my thoughts so everyone can read became unbearable. The strings of my heart being pulled ever so tightly has forced me to create this blog. Now that I have created one, I thought I could relax knowing that this inner force has been quenched. But no. It appears that blogging is like that crazy widow in the Winchester Mansion who had to keep building on to her mansion to keep the ghosts of people who were shot by Winchester weapons at bay. I too must write. I just wish there was a button I could push to mandate that everyone is required to read what I have got to say. My blog is by no means important. But, if everyone in the world was required to read it, would it not be important at some level?

Anyway, I have a friend. Erikv who has a blog www.erikv.com. I enjoy reading it. I am not a bicycle fanatic like he is but I still enjoy reading it. One of our mutual friends, Kara complained that his website was "too much Cyclecross and not enough family". Kara is a smart lady. She is right. I have learned over the months that the world revolves around family and not Cyclecross. It took me some time to realize it but I have come to grips. That is a good thing because I barely know what Cyclecross is in the first place. So, my random thoughts will contain family and whatever else I am up to. I currently plan to be a 100% Cyclecross free blog. I need time to recover.

Well, enough about this as my first post comes to an end. I will leave you with a Deep thought by Jack Handey:

"I can still recall old Mister Barslow getting out every morning and nailing a fresh load of tadpoles to that old board of his. Then he'd spin it round and round like a wheel of fortune, and no matter where it stopped he'd yell out, "Tadpoles! Tadpoles is a winner!" We all thought he was crazy, But then, we had some growing up to do"

4 comments:

erikv said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Let it be known I clearly don't believe the world revolves around cyclocross. I'm saddened you believe me to be so shallow. I hoped you understood me; I was wrong.

Timmy said...

Oops. I spelled Cyclocross wrong. Never again! As for your world and its revolutions.... You are a family man. Let the records show it. But now you have weakened my statement. Can we compromise and say that your blog is Cyclocross based? Then we can all be happy? I want us all to be happy. Except for Stewart. I can't stand him.

erikv said...

You are SO right. So right, it hurts.

Clearly, my blog revolves around Cyclocross, especially now that's it's the season. It's what the people want...everyone but you and Kara. And I don't even think Kara reads it that often. I think maybe she just likes to complain sometimes.

As a now famous blogger, you must understand you have to give the fans what they want. It can sometimes be cruel. Sometimes, I just want to write about the sweet moment I had with my neighbor Tim, but the fans would lynch me, so I write about single chainring setups instead.

Kara said...

Oh my, Timmy has a blog! Something exciting for us peons to view daily. You better come up w/some really good stuff like that free fruit article. Where do you get such interesting material anyway? I can't believe you got THREE free items today. You hit the jackpot bigtime.